Looking for MiddleWeb’s 1st Day Resources?
For many years, we featured a “First Day Resources” section on our old website. It was VERY popular and many education sites shared links to some of our 1st Day pages. When we rebuilt our site in 2012, we weren’t able to keep those old pages (and many of the links were out of date). But we did capture some of the best content and included it here at the new MiddleWeb, along with LOTS of current resources. Check out the links below!
If you’re a new teacher (or new to the middle grades), start with our up-to-date resource page:
Visit these MiddleWeb Classics:
THE MILLION WORDS ACTIVITY – Great Tool to Connect with Parents at Beginning of School — “This is the most valuable thing I’ve ever done with my students,” one middle school teacher wrote about the “Million Words” assignment. “I’ve built an instant bond with parents,” said another. Find out how it works from teachers who have used this terrific strategy.
Visit these other Resource Roundups:
Check out all our Resource Roundups here.
Read these MiddleWeb articles by Rick Wormeli
• Rick and the Fundamentals (for new teachers)
• Good Feedback = Active Learning (new and veteran teachers)
• Five Strategies for Tween Teachers (new and veteran teachers)
• Newbies – A Week with Rick Wormeli (a classic from the MiddleWeb listserv group)
• Watch our 2012 webinar for novice teachers (featuring Rick, Heather Wolpert-Gawron and Elizabeth Stein)